sabato 5 maggio 2012

NXTuino reaches v1.0

I've been away for a loong while, but I came back on my original project to enable Arduino communicate with Lego NXT. The first version (v0.1 - see my previous post) tested the functionality to control in a binary manner Lego NXT Intelligent Brick from Arduino using serial communication.
Now, I'm proud to announce that I made one step forward towards a remotely controllable Lego NXT robot! Tonight, I could send a binary command (turn light on/off) from the Internet to the NXT Brick through a web browser. The idea is simple, based on the fact that it is easy to integrate a simple web server on Arduino using the Ethernet Shield. Therefore, current setup is: I send a command from a browser requesting a virtual page (in the form: IP address+ flag "/NXT0") to the Arduino webserver, which in turn parses the data and issues the command through serial communication to the Lego NXT. The NXT Brick "sees" this command like if it'd come from a sensor reading, and reacts according to my program. That's it: NXTuino v1.0 enables to send a binary command to NXT!
I still need to polish the code a little bit, but I'll post it soon on this blog.

Come back soon for additional news (I'd like to define a simple protocol for sending more complex commands, and I need to find a workaround to "read" from the NXT brick), and feel free to send comments/suggestions...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento