domenica 13 febbraio 2011

Nerdkits begins

Tonight I remembered I bought a Nerdkit, containing an Atmel ATMEGA and several nice stuff (including USB programming cable, AVR compiler, and a lot of resources). Therefore, since I'm also quite tired, I decided to take it easy and start with the first tutorials. In around one hour, I built the breadboard Nerdkit platform, tested it, installed drivers and development software, developed a sample temperature A/D conversion with LCD output and ran it.
Everything went smooth, very nice electronic documentation, easy to follow tutorial content. Clearly, it sounds the same as Arduino - but once you already worked with Arduino it is nice to try something "more hardware" where you build actually everything from single components. Inspiring!

P.S.: To tell you the truth, I got inspired by an article I just read on Make magazine about some guys teaching hardware and software Arduino development starting from bare components, no soldering - just breadboard. Amazing!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento