sabato 10 luglio 2010

Arduino + NXT: it's alive!

Yesterday I finally tested my way to have Arduino control a LEGO Mindstorms Intellingent Brick. The possibilities are endless, once a proof-of-concept is made. And this is what I did exactly.
First, I developed a voltage reader for NXT using the instructions provided in the book "Extreme NXT". It is not hard, the tricky part is to build the cable, at the end - and some soldering. Then, I used the same principle to read the output from an Arduino digital port, so that it was interpreted by the NXT brick and used to drive some sound.
Currently, the system recognized "high" and "low" voltage as an input "virtual touch" sensor. I'll make experiments to understand how far it is possible to go, but the road is open... :-)
As soon as I'll package a good sketch + NXT code, I'll post it for your convenience.
Stay tuned!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento